Tuesday, November 27, 2012

  'It's sweet I've been admiring it


  'It's sweet: I've been admiring it. I'll do mine so and ask about mypurple one. Mrs Brooke has helped me to get rid of my headaches,Discount UGG Boots, andMary Clay's dyspepsia is all gone since she gave up coffee and hotbread.'

  'Mrs Laurence advised me to walk and run and use the gymnasium tocure my round shoulders and open my chest, and I'm a much betterfigure than I was.'

  'Did you know that Mr Laurence pays all Amelia Merrill's bills? Herfather failed, and she was heartbroken at having to leave college;but that splendid man just stepped in and made it all right.' 'Yes,and Professor Bhaer has several of the boys down at his houseevenings to help them along so they can keep up with the rest; andMrs Bhaer took care of Charles Mackey herself when he had a feverlast year. I do think they are the best and kindest people in theworld.'

  'So do I, and my time here will be the happiest and most useful yearsof my life.'

  And both girls forgot their gowns and their suppers for a moment tolook with grateful, affectionate eyes at the friends who tried tocare for bodies and for souls as well as minds.

  Now come to a lively party supping on the stairs, girls like foam atthe top, and a substratum of youths below, where the heaviestparticles always settle. Emil, who never sat if he could climb orperch, adorned the newel-post; Tom, Nat, Demi, and Dan were camped onthe steps, eating busily, as their ladies were well served and theyhad earned a moment's rest, which they enjoyed with their eyes fixedon the pleasing prospect above them,fake uggs for sale.

  'I'm so sorry the boys are going. It will be dreadfully dull withoutthem. Now they have stopped teasing and are polite, I really enjoythem,' said Nan, who felt unusually gracious tonight as Tom's mishapkept him from annoying her,Moncler outlet online store.

  'So do I; and Bess was mourning about it today, though as a generalthing she doesn't like boys unless they are models of elegance. Shehas been doing Dan's head, and it is not quite finished. I never sawher so interested in any work, and it's very well done. He is sostriking and big he always makes me think of the Dying Gladiator orsome of those antique creatures. There's Bess now. Dear child, howsweet she looks tonight!' answered Daisy, waving her hand as thePrincess went by with Grandpa on her arm,link.

  'I never thought he would turn out so well. Don't you remember how weused to call him "the bad boy" and be sure he would become a pirateor something awful because he glared at us and swore sometimes? Nowhe is the handsomest of all the boys, and very entertaining with hisstories and plans. I like him very much; he's so big and strong andindependent. I'm tired of mollycoddles and book-worms,' said Nan inher decided way.

  'Not handsomer that Nat!' cried loyal Daisy, contrasting two facesbelow, one unusually gay, the other sentimentally sober even in theact of munching cake. 'I like Dan, and am glad he is doing well; buthe tires me, and I'm still a little afraid of him. Quiet people suitme best.'

  'Life is a fight, and I like a good soldier. Boys take things tooeasily, don't see how serious it all is and go to work in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment